« Zut Alors ! »
A show around the Frank Zappa’s Music
The Illinois Enema Bandit (F.Zappa)
The Muffin Man (F.Zappa)
Zapping du concert (F.Zappa)
Zoot Alures (F.Zappa)
From the beginning… :
Jean-Marc Simon owes to F. Zappa to be the guitar player, arranger and composer he has been for over 30 years now.
In 2003 in Lyon ( France ), he coproduced a concert with the Lyon contemporary orchestra and the PCL in tribute of F. Zappa, in 2008 he ran a beautiful tour with the Caen Orchestra, ending with « Watermelon in Easter Hay » on the Festival de Jazz À Vienne stage, and in february 2015 the « Zut Alors ! » project, gathering the Lyon University Claude Bernard classic orchestra and a rock quartet with guitars, drums, vocals and an amazing unusual instrument, the Chapman stick.
3 ways to make our project live :
- the « Zut Alors ! » Quartet
- the « Zut Alors ! » Quartet and the Lyon University Claude Bernard classic orchestra
- the « Zut Alors ! » Quartet and YOUR orchestra. This option comes with a Master Class, providing an interesting way to hear and to play Frank Zappa music.
MUSICIANS ON STAGE :
- Jean-Marc Simon : Guitar / Arrangement
- « The Big Note », a Basse Normandie Orchestra production, in tribute to FZ. The french tour ended on the big stage of the Festival de Jazz à Vienne in 2008.
- The production of different musical events such as the Aurillac Festival, the Carnival of La Roche Sur Yon, the Nice Carnival …
- Musician/actor for the Détours theatre company
- Arranger, sound designer and guitar player for the canadian singer Kaya throughout his Europe/ UK / USA tour in 2012/2013.
- Arranger and guitar player in the album Maya from the group Mahamaya ( Séphira’Musica production )
Olivier Chabasse : Stick Chapman / Vocals
Meanwhile, he focused on young audience musical events within the Mama Kaya Company during 18 years, recorded 4 albums and gave over 1000 performances. He recently played in duet with Les Baladingues within the Avignon Festival.
His meeting with the bassist François Rabbath in 1999 has totally revolutionized his approach of the instrument.
Since the early 90’s, Olivier has discovered a magical and mysterious instrument : the Chapman stick, and has become one of the rare specialists in France.
With all his experience, in 2008, Olivier set a very bold project : a one man jazz music show highlighting his full range of talents, « Le Taureau par les Cordes ». Olivier plays bass, Chapman stick, sampler, sings and recites Claude Nougaro’s songs. After a strictly musical version in the Avignon Festival, the show’s premiere was set on december the 7th 2009 at the theatre L’Européen in Paris.
In 2012, he follows the path of the eternally trendy four boys and wanders in their universe on the way to Liverpool playing in duet with « across the Beatles ».
- Soliman Seifeldin : Guitar / Vocals
Mario Calix : Drums
- Boris Kapfer : Orchestra Conductor
Wilbert Hazelzeth and gets the Advanced Certificate Bacchelor of Music with a unanimous First.
He worked successively with Serge Saïtta, Marc Hantaï, Jan DeWinne, Wilbert Hazelzeth and Barthold Kuijken.
In 2001 he creates his own ancient instruments ensemble « Le Salon de Musique », which performs in many festivals in France and abroad : Algeria, Germany, Belgium, Nederland, Italy, Japan, Poland, Portugal, Switzerland.
« Le Salon de Musique » has been selected by the Département et Conseil Général Du Rhône
as part of his "Saisons Culturelles 2005" et "Saisons Culturelles 2008 ».
In 2004, he creates the « Ensemble Baroque de Lyon », which performs with the Rhône-Alpes choirs such as the « Institut de Musique Sacrée de Lyon » and « Les petits chanteurs de la cathédrale Saint-Jean » conducted by Jean François Duchamps.
Boris Kapfer is invited on a regular basis by renowned ensembles such as « Le Concert Spirituel » conducted by Hervé Niquet, « L'Ensemble Vocal et Instrumental de Lausanne » conducted by Michel Corboz or « Matheus » ( Music Awards 2005 ) conducted by Jean-Christophe Spinosi.
As the opera and operetta lover that he is, he’s been playing as first flute with the « Compagnie d’Artistes Lyriques Associés de Lyon » for 3 years.
Certificate holder of the Certificat d’Aptitude, he’s been the principal of the municipal school of music of Loire sur Rhône.
The UCBL Symphony Orchestra.